Saturday, October 28, 2017

There is a Chill in the Air!


     I think Autumn is finally going to show up, and get all these green leaves out of here.  So many warm days!  Who would have thought that the A.C. would be running at the end of October?  Anyway, with Fall in mind I created this card, and had a fun time doing so. 

     It starts with a kraft base and a piece of designer paper from American Crafts.  Next I used a Darice embossing folder of a barn and inked it in Crumb Cake ink.  I ran it through the Cuttlebug, and then used a water brush to color the barn doors red, then cut it out.  I was thinking about my My Favorite Things corn stalk die and had to get that in there, also.  I also added a fence, and a pumpkin die.  My mouse and sentiment are also from MFT, and is called Harvest Mouse.  I love that adorable set!

     This will be entered over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge which is Anything Goes.

     That is all I have for this sunny Saturday.  Hope you have a wonderful weekend!





7 comments:

Wendy said...

Just love this, Mary Anne! I do think Fall is here and your card proves that! That embossing folder of the barn is awesome and it looks wonderful with all your diecuts! A very lovely Fall card! TFS and enjoy your weekend! hugs~

Esther Asbury said...

Oh how adorable! I love your little farm scene with that adorable mouse! So perfect!!

jimlynn said...

So many details and so cute. Love the addition of the corn stalks and the fence too. Precious card!
I'm sure you'll be getting cold enough soon so enjoy that AC for now.
Lynn

Carol L said...

Those days down on the farm are turning cooler now and I think Autumn has finally arrived. Love that barn and how you created it from an ef, and the fence, mouse and pumpkin all make me think of pumpkin pie and warm cocoa. Bring on the change of season!

Janice M said...

Oh wow! Never would have guessed that barn was an embossing folder. Turned out great, Love those corn stalks. Perfect fall card all around. It sure has been a warm October but I agree I think Fall maybe here now.

Darnell said...

This is so adorable, Mary Anne! You've created a perfect fall scene! I know my sisters in Iowa got down to 39 with rain during the day a couple of days ago, so the cold and changing leaf colors might be coming your way!! Hugs, Darnell

Virginia L. said...

Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!