Friday, January 5, 2018

Embossing with Watercolor


     Here is a card that I created for my DD's birthday, last year.  It is almost time for her birthday, again!  I used a beautiful sentiment and flower stamps from Unity Stamp Co.  The flowers were stamped in Versamark and embossed with white embossing powder, on water color paper.  I watered down some Distress Inks, and with a water brush, tried to make a pleasing border around the edge.  Also, my papers are just scraps from my bin, which I combined to make some eye catching patterns.  The butterflies were punched with a MS punch and embellished with assorted pearls and metal studs.  The oval die is from Lil Inker.

     I would like to enter my card at the following:

     Shopping Our Stash #335- Watercolor with Us!

     DCC13- Things with Wings

     Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope your New Year is off to a good start!


8 comments:

Wendy said...

Beautiful card with such lovely images! Love your watercoloring around the edges and that wonderful sentiment, Mary Anne! Another fabulous work of art! TFS and Happy New Year, my friend! Hugs~

Esther Asbury said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the soft hues of your watercoloring! So happy you joined us on The House That Stamps Built.

Carol L said...

I must try the technique you used with the distress inks - it turned out so pretty and I love the mix of dsp you chose too! Very pretty and with a wonderful sentiment too!

Donna said...

What a beautiful design and water coloring. So glad you joined us on The House That Stamps Built!

craftieodmae said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, love the pastel colors!!!!

Cheri said...

Hello my friend!!! This is a gorgeous card!!!! I can almost smell the freshness of the flowers and hear those butterflies. Thanks for playing along with the challenge at The House That Stamps Built. Hugs.

Jules said...

What a beautiful card Mary Anne - I love the soft colours and layout very much.

All the best for 2018.

Love Jules xx

Heather said...

This is gorgeous!! Wow, the embossed flowers really pop with the watercoloring! And the simple design really lets them shine! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.