Sunday, August 6, 2017

Splatter it !


     Well I went to see what Simon Says Stamp had in mind for their Wednesday Challenge.  That is when I found out the idea was to splatter it.  Hmmmm, what to do?  I decided that instead of flinging paint or ink, that I would go a different way, and use a stamp and some die cuts.  It is still splatter for sure!

     I started with a charcoal card base, and then created my splatter panel using and old Art Gone Wild stamp with Intense Black ink.  I sponged the edge with Salty Ocean Distress Ink.  I found a splatter die cut and coated it with Glossy Accents, also coated some of the smaller dots on the background to create texture.  When my die cut was dry, I popped it up on foam tape.  I then added my words that are called Brushstroke Birthday Greetings, from MFT.  For still more texture I added some black sequins.

     A different way to attack the situation!  The weather is so refreshing this weekend, I do believe it has brought my brain back to life.  Thanks very much for stopping by!

6 comments:

Carol L said...

THis is such a cool and fun take on the splatter challenge and it never even occurred to me to use some old splatter stamps I have! Well done in black and the little touch of blue is perfect!

Darnell said...

I love your take on the splatter challenge, Mary Anne! Great idea to sponge the edges!! Hugs, Darnell

Sue said...

Very creative idea for the splatter challenge and wonderful birthday card, Mary Anne.
We are also enjoying a break from the heat and it is so nice.

Hugs
Sue

Wendy said...

What a cool card, Mary Anne! Love your take on the splatter challenge with all those splatters! LOL So happy the cooler weather has helped bring your mind back to crafting again! I'm slowly getting there too! TFS and have a great day! :)

Janice M said...

Oh now this is a fun card! Love your "splatter's"!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
I can not believe you have a splatter die. I really need to come shop your dies and stamps. I love this one.