Friday, March 17, 2017

Top O' the Morning!


     Thought I would start out this freezing cold St. Patty's Day with a bit of green.  This is a card I made last year and never got to post.  My SIL is a big Notre Dame fan, and this little fellow reminded me of the Fighting Irish Leprechaun.  He is a digital image that has no details as to who made him.  I used a few Irish themed papers from my stash, cutting the big shamrock out and placing the striped piece behind.  The die is from a stamp and die set by Sizzix,  My sentiment is from SU! and the set is from Greatest Greetings.  A few square gems finished things off.

     I would like to enter this card at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, which is Bit O' Green.
Also at Shopping Our Stash, Luck O' the Irish/Green.  And then there is the Challenge at Paper Players #335 which is Green and White.

     Hope if you are doing the green beer thing or doing a pub crawl you use an Uber and be safe!  Wishing you all a wee bit of magic.  I may be back after work with another post.

     This card made top 4, this week.  I sure enjoy adding these little notes!  Thanks!

12 comments:

Carol L said...

What a cute card to mark this St Patrick's day! I like that big cut-out shamrock with the striped dsp, and those square gemstones look fun too! Happy St Patrick's day to you my friend! May you have a good one!

Donna Hanley said...

This is a sweet card with that little leprechaun and I really like the way you did the shamrock. Wishing you a lot of Irish luck today.

jimlynn said...

That's exactly who he reminded me of too as soon as I saw your card! Great image. Love the cut out shamrock in the background and your wonderful card. Pub crawling????? Let's go! Have a great weekend.
Lynn

Wendy said...

So cute, Mary Anne! Love, love, love your leprechaun dude! What a great image! Great mix of patterned papers and perfect "go green" sentiment! No green beer or pub crawling for this old woman! I'll be lucky if I make it to the grocery store tonight! Haha! You & Jim have a great day and go easy on the green beer, ok? Happy St Patrick's Day, my friends!

Janice M said...

The perfect St Patty's day card!! Love the way you cut out the large shamrock an backed it with pretty matching papers. Have a great weekend!

stampwithsandy said...

Fun card! I love the mix of patterns and all the different shades of green. Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players, Mary Anne!

JD/ Jill said...

Happy St Patrick's day to you too. Cute image, Nicely done card!

Mimi said...

He does look like a little fighting Irish! Good thinking! Perfect St. Patrick's greeting! Thank you fir sharing this green project at Shopping Our Stash this week!

Mimi said...

Fir=for... auto-type...

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
how cute yes he does look like a Fighting Irish guy. really cute dp.

lauren bergold said...

ohhhhhhh how FUN is this? what a fab st. patrick's day card! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (green!) STASH with us this week! :)

Teresa Kline said...

cute papers and shamrock! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*