Friday, February 24, 2017

Shopping Our Stash #291


     Who knew I had a Mardi Gras stamp?  That helped me to create, and join in the fun at Shopping Our Stash # 291.

     The card base is a mauve from Bazzill, with a layer of Bo Bunny polka dot on top.  I found a length of metallic ric rac, which I thought would help to embellish.  Next came my sentiment that was stamped from an Avery Elle set called Circle it Clear.  My main image is an unmounted stamp, and I am clueless as to the maker.  That was colored with Copics and Wink of Stella was applied.  My dots and swirls are stamped with my trusty stubby stamps from Stamps by Judith, which sit on my desk at all times. Diamond Stickles were added to the swirls.  Next, that was cut out with Spellbinders Dahlia dies, and while still in the die, sponged with Hello Honey ink from SU!.  Assorted gems were added for the Mardi Gras bling bling!

     Inside the card is the saying Laissez les bons temps rouler, which is french for "let the good times roll".  This is a popular saying during this celebration.

     Expecting another 72 degree day here in PA, today.  May just have to step away from the craft room for a bit and take it in.  Enjoy the day, what ever you do!

     This card made top 3 and I greatly appreciate it!


11 comments:

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
I think you have a stamp for everything so I'm not at all surprised. This card is so full of life I love the mask and your coloring. Have a bit sunshine today while you still can we had storms all night and the temp plummeted about 30 degrees.

Wendy said...

Can you say LOVE!! Such a fabulous image and colored so nicely, Mary Anne! Love the pops of sparkle and that pretty glittered ric rak! Great card for Mardi Gras...now let's celebrate! I have a handful of colorful beads! Haha! TFS and enjoy this beautiful day...it all ends tomorrow, sadly!

Darnell said...

You have me beat as far as unusual and exotic stamps in your stash! I don't have a Mardi Gras stamp, but I'm tickled you do! You made a delightful schparkly and colorful card with it!

Wow! 72 degrees in PA in February! Who says global warming isn't real?!! Enjoy it while it lasts. We are suddenly back down to freezing here in California so it will prolly head your way over the weekend. Sorry. Hugs, Darnell

Carol L said...

You amaze me with the collection of stamps you have for every occasion one can possibly think of! LOL Great Mardi Gras make, and who knew you could speak french?! LOL Love that glittered ribbon accent too! I hope you're enjoying this gorgeous day! I'm trying my best to get my brand new WOS pen to work - it appears completely dried up and I just opened it! Grrrr

jimlynn said...

Blingy good fun and a precious card! Great card for Mardi Gras - and how fun that'd be to go there too. Love your card!
Lynn

jimlynn said...

Enjoy that gorgeous weather you're having too!
Lynn

Donna said...

Fantastic card Mary Anne!
You've captured all the elements of Mardi Gras!
Thanks for joining the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew for our Mardi Gras challenge!

Janice M said...

It was gorgeous day wasn't it??! So spoiled by this week. Great job on the Mardi Gras card. Bring on the Fasnacht's!!

Aileen said...

Wonderful card, love your colouring and design.

Chris Dring said...

Big score on having a Mardi Gras stamp in your stash!! This is such a fabulous card! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

lauren bergold said...

what a pretty card and a fun take on our "mardi gras" challenge at SHOPPING OUR STASH! <3