Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Embossing and Watercolor.


     This was pure playtime.  Embossing white on white is such a great technique, and I never think of it!  Enter some nice, juicy watercolor paints and you never know what will happen.  My stamps are from Unity Stamp, which I won in a grab bag.  Card stock is In the Navy and Lipstick Red, from Gina K. Designs.  I added a couple of little red heart punches from SU!, and crystal gems as embellishments.  My sentiment was stamped with Memento ink.

     I would like to enter this over at Cards in Envy, where the challenge is red and blue.  Also at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge for their Fantastic Florals Challenge.

     Thanks for visiting and hope your week is perking along smoothly.

11 comments:

Dora said...

Great background, very beautiful creation.

Carol L said...

WOWSA, that background looks amazing! I may have to try that technique one of these days because it's so pretty! Well done!!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
This is amazing, that background is so intoxicating. You do this so well leaving the perfect amount of white space to make your watercolor pop. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Wendy said...

What an amazing card, Mary Anne!! I love how you made your background and I too always forget about doing this technique and it's one I learned many moons ago! It adds so much to a card! Love your sweet sentiment and heart punches! The sparkle from the rhinestones is what caught my eye....love the bling, bling! Love, love, love!! TFS and have a wonderful day! :)

Janice M said...

Beautiful!! I keep wanting to do the white on white and then use my distress inks but haven't yet. Love the way you added the little hearts and gems, just the perfect little touch! Have a great day!

jimlynn said...

Amazing and beautiful! I've never even tried the white on white embossing and this makes me want to try now!
Lynn

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous card!!!

debby4000 said...

Beautiful floral background, makes a fabulous card.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Sandy Trefger said...

Beautiful! I love the red & blue floral background! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

Kathy S said...

Love a good playtime with watercolors. Art is such a healing endeavor and so glad you've used your time well. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Cards in Envy in our Red & Blue challenge. Hope to see you again soon.

Marilyn's Cricut Crafts said...

Your card is lovely! Great embossing and coloring techniques. Thank you for joining us at Cards in Envy! ~ Marilyn