Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Using My Snippets!


     Happy Tuesday morning, friends.  Today I have a card for you that uses a mess of leftovers from my desk.  It is funny how all of a sudden you realize that you have been working in the same color family for a bit!  LOL!  Here is a card I would like to take over to Pixie's Snippets Playground for Challenge # 233.  

     This card came about as I needed a good luck send off  for a sweet lady at work.  She helps with the student program we are involved with at work.  She is just not sure she will be back next year, so I did not want to miss the op to tell her she is appreciated.

     The background was created with strips of designer papers on an ivory card base.  My fish is a digi image from "color pages for mom", found on Pinterest. It was colored with Copic markers and I added sparkle with a stardust pen.  My sentiment is nameless, but I stamped with Distress Ink on an ivory punched, scalloped oval and popped up after doing some piercing.  There are ivory flowers with SU! centers, which I also inked, and Dew Drops as bubbles coming from my fish.  I added some pretty cotton lace that was given to me ages ago by my friend Carol, to add a little bit of different texture.

     That is it for me!  Off to work early, and home again for more fun!  We have been having a small run of nice, cooler weather, and it is quite enjoyable!


4 comments:

Di said...

Super card Mary Anne! I love every element and the dew drops as bubbles from the fish are such a clever idea! A super card.

Hugs

Di xx

jimlynn said...

Mary Anne, this is so pretty and a great use of snippets too! Love the mix of all the pattern paper in the background and that cute little fish. Your friend will love it.
Lynn

Carol L said...

One fishy, two fishy..........oh no - just one fishy! lol Those patterned papers look so cool the way you used them, and I could have sworn I left a comment on this card previously?!

JD/ Jill said...

I like how you have combined all your snippets! So nicely done!