Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Two Cards, Two Challenges!


     Let me start with a simple card for Cards 4 Guys # 123.  Their challenge is Fathers Day.

Here is what was used:
White and navy card stock
Stamps: SU! older set called Seaside, and a Father's Day sentiment from MSE set called Father's                       Day Innies and Outties
Inks: Memento pads and reinkers in Danube Blue and Potters Clay

     The sponged background was made using the re-inkes on baby wipes with a dab dab.  Images were fussy cut and popped up.


     My second card is for Little Red Wagon #345 Tag You're It!  This card had lots of steps but was so much fun to create.  I recently borrowed some older stamp sets from my DD.  They are There She Goes stamps. I believe this company is not longer in business.

Supplies:
Papers:  White and purple card stock, and light purple vellum
Stamps:  TSG set called Garden of Friends
Dies: In'spire dies by SB  called Celebration Two.  Also Fanciful Flourish from Cheery Lynn
Inks:  Distress Inks in Dusty Concord and Peeled Paint
Embellishments:  Washi Tape, wrinkle ribbon, glitter gems

     The background was created with the flower stamp  and then run through the Cuttlebug with the swirl embossing folder.

     Thanks so much for visiting and I have a great second half to you're week!


7 comments:

Carol L said...

I like the masculine and feminine cards today, especially the purple one! The vellum pocket looks so neat with that flourish, and I like the seashells and spotty inks on the first one. NJ!

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

Beautiful card! It is so pretty! I love the largest seashell! Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz! Cyndi, DT

Donna Hanley said...

Two very nice cards. Love that purple in your second card. Have a fun evening.

jimlynn said...

Two wonderful cards Mary Anne. Love the masculine one and that feeling of wishing I was near the ocean. The second is so beautiful. The design on this is fabulous!
Lynn

Cazro said...

A super card, loving the background, great idea. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz. DT

Unknown said...

Mary Anne, what lovely cards! Great take on the tag card. I love, love, love how you put that tag into a vellum pocket. I like your color choices too! Great job!

JayBe said...

A fab Father's Day design - thanx for playing along at Cardz 4 Guyz.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx