Monday, May 2, 2016

Color Throwdown


     This morning I got a jump on a Father's Day card.  I saw this great color combo, so I figured I would give it a try.


     This is for the Color Throwdown #390 to use navy, yellow and white.  I did a cut edge using a Hot Off the Press Design Tool Kit.  That let me apply 3 rows of chevron washi tape, and a strip of yellow scrap.  I used 2 SU! sets to create this.  The first one was Going Global for the compass rose and sentiment, and the second was Hello, Sailor for the tiny anchor.  My inks are Pacific Point and Hello Honey, also from SU. I also used an SU punch for my sentiment and a Gina Marie stitched circle die for the compass.

    Have a wonderful Monday!

8 comments:

jimlynn said...

Fabulous masculine card! Love the side treatment and that washi is so pretty.
Lynn

Carol L said...

The colors are rocking this nautical card, and I love that fancy cut edge with the peek-a-boo washi tape underneath!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love your use of these colors using a nautical theme! Great design! Thanks for joining us at Color Throwdown!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous masculine card!

Sue said...

Hi Mary Anne, love the nautical theme, and those colors are perfect for it. Super card.

Hugs
Sue

Darnell said...

Those colors couldn't be better for a nautical card, Mary Anne! This is a fabulous Dad's Day card!! Hugs, Darnell

craftieodmae said...

this is absolutely gorgeous!!!!

JD/ Jill said...

Wonderful Masculine card!