Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Speedy Fox and Friends

 
     I saw a beautiful card that my dear friend Carol made for the Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge # 287, and had to give it a try. I love the way that MFP has been doing techniques as their weekly challenges!  I must say that I rather struggled with my background like Carol did, with the stencil forming more of wet blobs.  I may have salvaged it by using a bit of ink over my watercolor.

Here is what I used:

Base card- Textured Bazzill Pistachio Nut w/ watercolor panel
Stencil- Tattered Angels Sea Grass
Stamps- MFP Tropical Vacation
Ink- Smoky Slate SU!
Ribbon- Satin by ( no name)

     Hey, they say that art is a series of mistakes, so what the heck!  Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

Pat said...

It looks wonderful.

Carol L said...

This is beautiful and I love the feathery water colored background. It's a perfect match for that bird! Thanks for the shout-out too - I had to make a 2nd card for this challenge LOL

Stampsnob. said...

Beautiful background I would like a wall done like that Thanks for sharing at MFP Speedy Fox and Friends.........Lis DT

jimlynn said...

Mistakes or not, it's a true work of art - and I personally LOVE that background! WOW! So beautiful.
Lynn

Barb said...

Oh one I missed while I was out of action. This is gorgeous Mary Anne. What a great background and I love the sentiment. Barbxx

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
I love your work with watercolors, after reading the sentiment this looks so dreamy and puts me right at the shore.

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Your card turned out amazing! Thanks for playing along with us at MFP Speedy Fox & Friends challenge.
hugs,
Pam
MFP SF&F DT