Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Darnell is Having an NBUS Challenge #5!

 
     Oh, how I love when there is an NBUS!  Darnell has so many amazing sponsors this time, it will make you squeal!  What is an NBUS, you say?  It is a challenge where you use never before used stuff.  If you would like to check it out, please visit, comment, and perhaps play along.  It started today, and continues until the 18th.  It can be found here.....DJKardKreations.  Read the rules, and get inspired!  This is #5!

 
     Okay on to my card!  Besides the fact that I have used a few of my new stuffs to create with, I have also used scraps of card stock from my bin to cut my elements.  (always a bonus to use things up)  I started with a rust base, cut my next layer with a Lil' Inkers stitched rectangle, My image is new to me, and was buried in my digi files.  Sorry no designer name attached.  (please advise if you know, thanks!)  I cut and embossed a SB oval and did the same with my farmer image.  My corn dies are also new to me, and they are from My Favorite Things.  I topped it off with a Lil' Inkers small sun die, which is also new.  I threw on a rustic twine bow, and a little computer generated sentiment, since I could not come up with one the right size, and attached it to a Simple Stories banner, from a new pack of fall die cuts.  I am pleased with this card, I do believe!  I normally struggle with masculine cards.

     I would also like to enter this masculine card at:
Pixie's Snippets Playground #193-  Must use snippets
Cardz for Guys #87- 3 of something (my corn stalks)

So glad you visited!  Maybe you can find something to inspire you.  Have a great week!

14 comments:

Cazro said...

You've made a fabulous card using up some scraps. Loving the 3 corn stalks, perfect for our challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz. Thanks for joining in with us. Caz DT

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz, good luck!!! Amy DT

Carol L said...

It's a great masculine card, and I'm loving those corn stalks - especially perfect for this time of the year! I feel like yelling YEE-HAW for some reason?!

Sarn said...

Hee hee . . . am chuckling at Carol L's comment above! Okay, so now I want to yell YEE-HAW too! Fab male card. Thanks for bringing some sunshine and corn to the Playground.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Susanne Vargas said...

What a fun masculine card!
Maybe you have heard that there is a game of tag going on at the Snippets Playground? I got tagged by KandA and now YOU are IT! Go and tag another playmate!

Donna Hanley said...

Love those corn stalks and that guy looks like he is enjoying his time in the field. Great card.

jimlynn said...

LOL! Love the corn stalks and can just see this guy standing among them! Great masculine card and so cute and fun.
Lynn

Kimbo said...

Great card for a gardener, love the twine bow

Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Guyz this week x

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
How did I miss this one, just walk down the street from me and I see this guy standing just like that. It's harvest time here, machinery and farmers are filling the roads. Once again another wonderful die filled creation.

Beverley said...

Such a fun masculine card, thanks for sharing and joining in on the NBUS challenger. Hugs Bev (Uniko) x

Kylie said...

What a wonderful masculine card and I LOVE the sentiment! Thanks so much for joining in over at Darnell's using your NBUS. Good luck. Kylie - Happy Little Stampers xx

JD/ Jill said...

Really cute card! I especially like the corn stalks! (Now on my wish list) They make me think of my daughter who liked to visit the corn maze every year!

Darnell said...

Mary Anne, the texture on this card is really fabulous! And I love your design eye as far as tilting that oval so it would fit and yet placing the farmer straight! Or am I really going koo-koo now from lack of sleep?! The twine and the corn and the punny sediment are all so great! You've made me nostalgic for my youth in Iowa! Thank you so much for the wonderful shoutout about my little NBUS Challenge #5 and, of course, for playing along!! Hugs, Darnell

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Helen x