Friday, May 29, 2015

It's That Time!

 
     The calendar says it's Friday, and Friday means Friends with Flair!  Can you believe it is almost June?  For those experiencing bad weather, my heart goes out to you.  Sending up prayers.  Last week was just a blur, and not much creative time.  I do however, have this card which I created during the week, for a dear person fighting a personal battle.  I hope you like.

     Since I am always looking for a reason to watercolor lately, I decided to try out my new Spectrum Aqua pens, by creating this flag on wc paper.  I did not want to waste it, so I cut it down, added my Unity sentiment, and stars, punched random holes, and mounted it on patriotic striped designer paper.  The ribbon and corner slide were both in Unity gift envelopes I have received from ordering.

 
     Since I was busy being a crazy woman during my GS's party, I did not get any good pics of him blowing candles.  I am sure there are some, but they just have not gotten to me yet.  I will leave you with a picture of the cake, which was a big hit!  He just loves The Very Hungry Caterpillar!

22 comments:

Gaylynn said...

What a great card and cake. I like the flag in watercolor!!!!

Carol L said...

I'm loving this card with the creative water colored flag! I love the ribbon & slide on the corners too! Great patriotic hero card! Fun cake too :)

Doreen said...

Love the design and colours.xxx

Donna Hanley said...

Wonderful card. Fantastic sentiment for someone who is fighting a battle. Darn, I wish no one ever had to do that. GS's birthday cake is darling and I'll bet delicious also. Can't wait to see pictures. How is Della doing? Fitting in fine I hope. Enjoy the weekend.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Miss Della is a dear. Thanks for asking! She is finished her mandatory puppy shots and we have 2 others to decide on. She had her first bath this week, and I am surprised we were not locked up for murder. Oui! In 2 weeks, she went from 7.2 to 8.8 pounds. Mini Doxie, ha! Vet said not to worry until she gets spayed in August and becomes more lazy. She still thinks biting at my Lab is a fun game, much to the dismay of my Lab.

Brandi R said...

Awesome card! That design is so fun and LOVE your flag ♥

Becca Yahrling said...

Your flag is fabulous - love it! And so is that cake - awesome job! It would've been a hit with all my nieces & nephews, too (aged 5-17).

Bananastamper said...

Fun use of watercolours on your card - love the stars!
Such a fabulous cake - we love Eric Carle!
Happy Friday!
Shanna :)

jimlynn said...

Glad you had fun at the party even though I can image how busy you were. That cake is SOOOOO cute!

Love your wonderful card. Nothing better than the good old red, white, and blue! Love the ribbon in the corners like that!

Lynn

Ruby said...

Great card and amazing cake. I am sure it was a hit. Thanks for sharing these with us.

craftieodmae said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!

Linda said...

I love this ideal!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
I'm a bit late on all the new stuff I just saw these pens/markers. What did you think of them your card turned out nice. Great cake too.

Teresa Doyle said...

That is a very nice card and I guessed the Very Hungry Caterpillar the other day. I KNEW IT! LOL

Life of a Caffeinated Mom said...

I like the sentiment that you chose for your friend. It goes well with the flag. I live the gem stars.

Lisa :) said...

Such a nice card, love the sentiment!

SmilynStef said...

What a fun watercolor idea ... and I love how you incorporated your *freebies*.

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

What a fun card to make and for a great cause! Your friend will love the sentiment you used.
What a cute cake too!

Scrapper Myra said...

Super fun. Very cool.

Sue D said...

I like how you made the flag and cute cake.

D- said...

Love your card. Thanks for sharing at FWF.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsbyDragonfly.blogspot

Cynthia said...

Fun design, Mary Anne.