Thursday, February 5, 2015

Bright and Beautiful

 
     Today's card is one of those creations that you love, but you can not say much about.  I stamped this image on water color paper when I was on an outing with friends.  Our LSS has a wall of stamps that you can use and you pay by the hour.  This was one of those stamps, and unfortunately, there was no maker on the wood mount.  I fell in love with these beautiful Morning Glories!  The sentiment is also an unknown.  If anyone knows, please feel free to advise.

     The card is rather simple.  Soft sand base, with a scrap of bordered designer paper, cut down.  I water colored my image, and while it was wet, I did a sprinkle of ultra fine glitter.  I also added some hand dyed seam binding, which I wrinkled.  Dew Drops are my embellishments.

     I will be entering this card for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge called Bright and Beautiful!

7 comments:

jimlynn said...

Nothing prettier than morning glories and these are beautiful! Love this wonderful card Mary Anne.
Lynn

Holly Young said...

It's really pretty. I love the bit of sparkle you added to it. It looks like it might be one of those PSX botanical stamps except I think they had the name of the flower included on them.

Carol L said...

What a beautiful, bright card! I love how you did that seam binding, and the colors are fabulous!! Hurry up spring - we're really ready!!!

Lin said...

Oh I love this, Mary Anne! The flowers look like something from Flourishes stamps......and your beautiful blues have me swooning - beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Donna Hanley said...

You said you were going to stay home and play - well play you did in high style. This is just beautiful. The glitter really added to the morning glories. The dyed seam binding is beatiful as is your background paper. A total winner. Very, very cold and windy tonight and tomorrow so I think I'll be staying in as well.

Pop's Cards said...

I love this sweetie so very pretty, the colours are so cheery too, thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this time hugs Pops x

Becky said...

wow, this is gorgeous.. Awesome colors and design.