Monday, August 25, 2014

Coastal Inspiration

 
     Happy Monday Morning!  I decided to enter the Mod Squad Challenge, this week.  The theme is Coastal Inspiration.  I brought out and older Gina K. Designs set, by Tami Mayberry, called Oh Boy!

     To create my card, I started with a Lipstick Red GKD Pure Luxury base.  On my white layer I did direct to paper inking.  I stamped my images on my background for placement, and then paper pieced all of the elements with scraps of dsp.  My little fish punches, were a gift from my friend Carol.  She gifted me with a bag of them in confetti colors, and I just love them!  I added some diamond Stickles to make my ocean & sky shine, and a hemp bow to resemble rope.

     I would also like to enter this card over at Pixie's Snippets Playground, since I used so many little scraps to paper piece.

     I hope you like, and I thank you for stopping around for a visit. 

6 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Morning my dear friend, this is gorgeous, love all the cut outs!!!!

jimlynn said...

A great sailing scene! Makes me want to hit the beach now. VERY cute and pretty all rolled into one. Love the little fish too.
Lynn

Carol L said...

Those older stamp sets still pack a good punch don't they?! This is adorable with paper piecing and the nautical theme! I love how you did the sentiment panel too! NJ!

Darnell said...

Wow, Mary Anne, that is a really fun and detail coastal scene! I want to BE there, standing behind that pretty fence, looking out to sea!! Love the paper-piecing!! Hugs, Darnell

Di said...

Oooh what fun - this really sums up the seaside beatifully Mary Anne! So many elements all working together to make one lovely, cohesive card.

Hugs, Di xx

Hettie said...

What a super card. Where is this as I want to visit and sail on that boat?
Hugs
xx