Friday, April 4, 2014

Friends with Flair

     Today, I have used one of the very first kits that I bought from Unity.  It was a split kit called In Bloom, and Naturally You.  It had lots of great botanical stamps, which I tend to reach for time and time again.  Please be sure to stop around, and check out all of the Friends with Flair links today.  There is also a great sale going on in the Unity Shop.


     The card stock and papers were just from my scrap bin, with my next layer being a paper doily.  I had recently got a great deal on Spellbinder/Xyron dies, and was anxious to use a set.  I chose the butterflies.  Using white card stock, I picked out the lilac stamp and used CTMH markers to color it.  I also colored and stamped my sentiment.  Using the dies I positioned and cut them out, then used VersaMagic ink to sponge my edges.  I added some Prima flower, which have hung around here forever, and created leaves with an SU! Sizzlet die.  I created antenna with purple craft wire, and added some plum pearls.

     I would also like to enter this over at the Pixie Snippets Playground # 118, since I was such a good girl, and used up lots of bits.

     If you are looking for the link for Lots of Love for Lauryn, you can find it here, or by clicking on that beautiful orange ribbon on my sidebar.  They have added some digital images which can be purchased to help the family.  You can also get more info on my previous post.

21 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

OH such a pretty spring like card. Your card is making me feel more like spring and the actual weather outside. Thank you for that. Wishing you a fun weekend.

Diane Jaquay said...

Love those pretty purple flowers, and your use of the various size butterfly dies!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
This is adorable, love the butterflies.

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous Spring card...........

Becky said...

Gorgeous card! Fabulous Spring colors.

Ruby said...

Lovely card Mary Anne. Great spring card.

Cynthia said...

Lovely Spring card, Mary Anne! Gives me hope as I look out my window at the snow piled in my yard. :-0

jimlynn said...

A beautiful card for spring - or any time of the year. Love the soft and pretty colors and all those lovely flowers!
Lynn

Di said...

Oh how pretty Mary Anne -perfect for this time of year!

Hugs

Di
xx

KristyLee said...

Oh my how extra special beautiful this card is! Nice job! Found you at Unity's Friends w/ Flair Friday! Stay Crafty!
Peace,
KristyLee

Patti J said...

So pretty! The colors are so soft and spring-like! I'm so so SO ready for spring!!! Thanks for sharing, dear friend!

Carol L said...

It's just genius how you stamped flowers on the larger butterfly! I love all the antennae with the doily too! Well done!

Life of a Caffeinated Mom said...

This card just makes me ready for spring. Lovely flowers and the butterfly is a great addition. Wonderful card.

Gaylynn said...

Sweet design with all of the pretty flowers Mary Anne.

Waving My Wand said...

So pretty. Makes me want to run through a meadow of flowers. Lol

Shona said...

What a great idea to use those butterflies the way you did. I also love the lilacs, your colours are so pretty!

SherylK said...

So pretty. I can almost smell the Hyacinths.

Donna K said...

Really beautiful Mary Anne! Love the butterflies and doily with your stamps.

Miwa said...

Very pretty card!

MaryH said...

Loving all these pretty butterflies. You have a beautiful theme going with these dies, and that doily sure did dress up these beauties so well. A wonderful color combo too. TFS & Hugs

StampTramps said...

Wow! I love all your "stuff"! You must have a really difficult time deciding what to play with !
Beauty of a card, Mary Anne!