Monday, March 17, 2014

Luck of the Irish!

 
     Happy St. Patrick's Day!  Just wanted to do a quick post to send good wishes.  I spent the morning creating this card in a box, which seems to be all the rage.


     This uses stuff from all over my stamp room.  I used an olive and white cardstock to make the main frame for this folding card in a box.  I found the tutorial on Pinterest.  I created shamrocks from a scrap of plaid paper I found in my bin.  The paper roses are from Recollections.  The pup digi is marked FF6 St. Pats Puppy, from Ike's World.  The single beer mug digi is from Blackberry Jelly.  The beer stamp on my side panels are from Canadian Maple Collections.  The 2 sentiments are unmounted stamps from my collection, but are unknown.  I used Diamond and Gold Stickles and a scrap of green ribbon for the dog's bow.  Coloring was done with Copic markers.

 
     I wanted to show you the back, which most people leave as a blank panel for writing a message.  I decorated mine.  These are such fun!  I am sure this will not be my last card in a box.  I am already planning a Get Well with race cars.  It is just amazing how it all folds to the size of an A2 envelope!

     Since I used so many scraps and unloved bits, I would like to enter this at Pixie's Snippets Playground.

     I thought I would also give it a go with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge "Lucky".

     Awww, what the heck...... I might as well enter this in the challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.  It is Challenge #3  "P is for Paddy".  That is a great place!

     If you indulge in the green beer today, make sure you drink lots of water, also.  That will help with things in the morning.  Be sure you have a DD to get you home!

24 comments:

Patti J said...

Oh my gosh! This is so adorable! I'm planning to make many of these - too much fun!

Donna Hanley said...

This is just terrific. I guess I'm behind the time because I never even heard of Card in a box. You did an outstanding job, I love it. You have some real nice goodies in your room to work with. We do plan on having green beer tonight, but just one. Thanks for the hint about the water. Enjoy the day.

craftieodmae said...

Look at you!!! This is fantastic!!! Now lets go home from work and have a good ole Irish drink..................LOL

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
WOW! This is amazing totally different look, they look like fun. I would have been tired just looking for all the stuff. I'm tired anyway today stayed up way to late with A. She and I designed and printed out 40 Graduation announcements yesterday. Next come the invites and haven't had any luck getting those to line up right yet.

Carol L said...

This is just fabulous! And look at Jessie hiding in that box drinking a mug of green beer! I've seen these but never made any effort to try making one myself, but WOW!!! You rocked this explosion box! Party on, and shake those shamrocks!!

Di said...

Absolutely brilliant Mary Anne! What a lot of work and such a fabulous result too. Something I've never tried - there's always such great inspiration in the Playground!

Hugs

Di
xx

Sue said...

What a fun card! Love all your cute embellishments, and that pup is adorable. What a super fun project, looks like to enjoyed every minute of making it too.

Hugs
Sue

Donna said...

WOW!!! What an awesome card in a box!!! Love it!! Thanks for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers!!

Lindsey said...

This is out-of-this-world amazing! Love the concept and especially the way you have decorated it. (And I'm also chuckling that your beer mug stamp is Canadian... wonder what that says about my country? :D) Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for the P is for Paddy challenge!

DonnaMundinger said...

Fabulous pop up box! What wonderful stamps you've chosen. Thanks for sharing with the SOSS. xxD

jimlynn said...

VERY creative!! I've seen so many of these and this one is the cutest by far. Love all the different elements/images you added - and of course all that wonderful green.
Lynn

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I don't think I've ever seen any of these cards in a box before (such a sheltered life I lead) but I like it! The stamps you have used are just to scream over, so much fun! That dog and his bow, just makes me smile.

scrappymo! said...

Wow! This is stunning...I have seen a few and they intrigue me. I think they well have to be added to my "things to try list",
Great project.

Mona Pendleton said...

Happy belated St. Patrick's Day Mary Anne! What a fantastic project! Love the entire Irish theme! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Chris Dring said...

This is phenomenal!! Holy Crow! Thanks for playing along with the P is for Paddy's Day challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Becky said...

wow, this is awesome!

Mrs A. said...

These pop up boxes are popping up all over place. Love your rendering. Hugs Mrs A.

Alrik said...

A very beautiful project.

Debs Willis said...

You and I had the same idea this week! Made mine into a Mothers Day card.
Hugs, Debs x

Anonymous said...

What a fun project!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!! - Ashli :)

ike said...

Absolutely AWESOME !!! Such a brilliant creation. I came over from Snippet's to have a closer look. :-)
Thank you for using my St Pat's Puppy freebie on your creation :-D

Hugz
IKE xxxx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I am so happy you came and told me it is your image! it is hard to tell from the titles, sometimes. I will adjust my post so everyone knows

Sue - said...

Great take on the "card in a box " They're such fun to make as well aren't they?

Pat said...

Thank you for your lovely comment, and I saw yours was showcased too. This is so clever, the way it folds down for posting, and the puppy is so sweet, a great snippets make. x