Friday, September 13, 2013

Friends with Flair & SSS!

     Today is a perfect fall day!  The breeze is blowing, and the heat has flown the coop.  I have quite a few September birthdays, so I got busy, and pulled out an older Unity KOM to do some creating.  This kit is Dec. 2011, and is called "filled with love".  Here is my Friends with Flair offering for this week.

 
     The jar, chevron background, and the sentiment are all from the kit.  I used a Darcie's hearts embossing folder, I recently acquired, and Basic Grey designer papers.  The jar is filled with a tiny heart stamp that never leaves my desktop.  Two hearts make the sweetest little butterflies, also.  The blue paper ribbon is from K&Co., and the bakers twine is from Pizzaz A Plenty.  As for the inks, they are SU! melon mambo, smoky slate, pear pizzazz, and coastal cabana, with touches of Copic.

     I would also like to enter this card over at Simon Says Stamp, for their Wednesday Challenge which is emboss it, this week!

     Thanks for all of the well wishes on the kitchen demolition.  Demo is 95% complete, and we are eating well so far.  On day one, our black lab decided to follow our son, who was removing floor boards, and went right through the screen on the French doors.  Guess she had her own kind of demo in mind!

     Thanks for stopping around!

26 comments:

Thienly Azim said...

Such a cute card! Love the hearts inside the jar and also loving the colors that you used for this! Thanks for playing along with Friends with Flair :)

LauraEva said...

That is such a great card!

jimlynn said...

Cute and pretty all rolled into one. Love those tiny little hearts. It's a bottle of love!! Very nice.
Y'all are having a perfect fall day and we're having a perfect summer day!! Groan!!! Oh well.....enjoy your wonderful weather!
Lynn

Tracy said...

Stunning card Mary Anne.. what better than a bottle full of hearts, love it!!
Hope your lab is okay..that must have been scarey for you all.
Big hugs
Tracy
xoxox

Crystal said...

Cute card, I love that jar stamp with all the different cored hearts!

Rachel said...

poor doggy, she was just trying to help remodel! great card and i love the colors :)
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.com

Ruby said...

Great card.

Gaylynn said...

Another sweet creation. Love the little hearts to go with the sentiment. I'll bet they love getting your handcrafted cards made with lot of TLC. :)

Linda said...

I love your card so full of love and warm treats too.

Donna Hanley said...

What a great card. I love that dark paper with the embossed hearts. I,like you, have that (I think) same small heart on my desk at all times. I have also made a butterfly with it. It's nice that your Lab thinks he is a designer but I'm sorry for his demo on your doors. I'm sure you will be able to smile about all of this some day in the future. Enjoy the weekend.

Patti J said...

Yep...this one is perfection! Love it, dear friend! Can't wait to see photos of before and after...what fun!!,

Carol L said...

That jar full of hearts is super cute, and I just love all those fun colors! Poor Jessie, I hope she's OK, but it looks like you'll be needing some new french door screens now too! sigh.........it's always something that needs to be fixed :) Have a great fall weekend!

Jen M said...

Very cute! Those embossed hearts in the background are a lovely touch!

Angeline Choo said...

This is such a cute card!! Love the jar filled with love... :)

craftieodmae said...

love the card, glad to hear the kitchen is coming along!!

Kassi said...

that is an adorable card!

Julie Odil said...

Great card, Mary Anne! I love those big chevrons behind the jar. Your poor lab -- I hope he is OK! As for the screen: not so OK, I'm guessing?

Lucy E. said...

Very pretty! I love the hearts in the jar ;)

Confessions of a Paperholic said...

What a cute little card! I love the little jar filled with hearts and the chevron background is just perfect. Thank you for the inspiration.

Karen (karey2005) said...

Very sweet - love the jar card :)

Corrie said...

Very nice card I love that jar

Barb King said...

that's one of my all time favorite stamps. Too cute!

JPScraps said...

Awesome card! I love the heart filled jar.

Miwa said...

Great card! Love the filled jar!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
This is too cute, great eb folder.

debby4000 said...

Love your fabulous card with all the hearts and what a good job with the embossing.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

luv
Debby