Monday, August 5, 2013

ODBD August Challenge

     Over on the Stars and Stamps blog, each month, ODBD sponsors a challenge.  They will pay the shipping for a large box of cards for every 25 entries.  This really helps to get the cards to our soldiers!  WTG, Our Daily Bread Designs!

     This month it is a color challenge, where we are asked to create in pink, green, and brown.  That is one of my very favorite combinations.  It was the color of my daughters room when she was born.  :)


     My card is created using a stamp set from Gina K. Designs, called Stenciled Spring.  I colored my image with markers from Memento and Marvy.  The papers are by My Minds Eye, from their Vanity Fair collection. My embellishments are stitched ribbon, and a single chocolate mini brad.  I added a few accents with my white gel  pen.

     Thanks so much for paying me a visit!  I feel like I am finally getting back into the swing of things.  It has cooled a bit here in PA, and that has given a mid summer boost of energy.  I am sure it won't last, but I am enjoying it for now.

9 comments:

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, MaryAnne, and what a wonderful cause! Thanks for entering your card there! Okay, needing some baby pics....just sayin'!

jimlynn said...

Beautiful color combo and a beautiful card! I love your design and the way you framed out that pretty image! Outstanding!
Glad y'all are getting some cooler weather.
Lynn

craftieodmae said...

gorgeous love the colors too, I see a die I don't have!!!!!!

Carol L said...

THis is so pretty, and I love that stenciled stamp! Nice coloring & sponging, and I especially like that little folded ribbon tab accent!

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card!I,m a new follower,scrappingg.blogspot.com

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful card! This is also one of my favorite color combos. Yes, I am enjoying our weather too. I also know it won't last...but I sure wish it would last a bit longer...Hope you have a great week.

Unknown said...

what a beautiful card. I love the die cut out and stamp.

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
I've always loved that set the flowers just make me smile. great coloring.

Payne Holler Cards said...

Love this color combo too! Beautiful layout ....lovin the weather...for now (-: