Saturday, February 23, 2013

Joan's Gardens Challenge Week 7

 
     A rainy day is always a good time to play!  This week the challenge at Joan's Gardens inspired me to use more of my new Unity KOM called "Let Love Grow". 

The rules for this weeks challenge are:

Use and oval-  I used SB Floral Ovals
Use vellum- I used white which I toned down with Old Paper Distress Ink
Use polka Dots- I used Bo Bunny Double Dot collection

     I stamped with Distress Inks, and the colors are Peeled Paint, Gathered Twigs, and Old Paper.
For embellishments, I used mini brads, hemp, and a small Avery shipping tag which I cut down.  My shammrock stamps are clear embossed on the vellum.

    This was really fun!  Hope you are having a super weekend, and thanks for stopping by.

12 comments:

Ginny B said...

Mary Anne, your card is so pretty. Thanks for the great ideas. I learn so much from those who post such lovely cards. :o)

craftieodmae said...

gorgeous, I love the oval you used to showcase it!!!! and the stamped velumn!!!

jimlynn said...

Beautiful card! Love that oval die you used and the way you used the tag is just perfect. So very lovely!
Lynn

Carol L said...

I really like the embossed shimmer of those flowers on vellum! A beautiful rainy-day creation my friend!
Keeping my fingers crossed that the hubs wins that fishing trip :)

Patti J said...

Mary Anne, this is so pretty! Your die is gorgeous, as is the pretty embossing - well done, dear friend!

Pssequimages said...

WONDERFUL ideas, and a spectacular card. Love the work with the distress markers, and how the polka dots peek through.

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
Great image and the corner treatment on the mat is an unexpected detail love it. If you find my mojo send it back OK

Glenda said...

This is just gorgeous! I love the embossing!

Sue said...

I love that oval die, I think I overuse it, but can't help it, it is so pretty. What a grand card, love the basket and the sentiment along with those beautiful flowers!

Hugs
Sue

Donna Hanley said...

This card is so very pretty, Mary Anne. I love the flowers and your piercing and the sentiment all came together so nicely. Sorry I'm behind again on commenting. I've been looking but not commenting lately. No energy at all. Hopefully next week I'll get back to some sort of life.

Becky said...

This is beautiful, love the embossing.

Janice M said...

Very pretty card Mary Anne! Love the way you added the tag to the basket.