Friday, September 14, 2012

Woo Hoo, It's Friday!


      What a busy week!  Sorry I have been scarce, but I had a few unexpected projects pop up.  Anyway, here I am with a couple of cards for the Friday Friends with Flair linky, over on the Unity Blog!  First,let me say that the new Kit of the Month, is totally amazing! It is called The Vintage Touch, and it is true to it's name.

      My first card uses the large key stamp from the kit, along with one of the sentiments.  I layered it with a scrap of designer paper onto oak tag card stock.  It is all stamped with Faded Jeans Distress ink, and gave it a great monochromatic look.  Doesn't get much easier than this!


     Next card is made on an olive green textured card, layered with Basic Grey What's Up paper.  I added a zig-zag, chipboard border from K&Co., along with some of my very favorite May Arts vine ribbon.  My image and sentiment were cut out with a SB die and sponged, then colored with Copics.  I used a black Zig pen to outline the image while it was still in the die.  Olive pearls were my added embellishment.

     My goal was to get this posted today, so I can now move on to all the cooking I have to do for the weekend.  My DS is throwing a party for my DIL's birthday, and I was asked to feed the gang.  Hope you have a fantastic Fall weekend.  Sending extra prayers, that things calm in the Middle East.

23 comments:

craftieodmae said...

2 fantastic cards, I love easy cards, hope you have fun cooking and partying this weekend!!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Awesome cards! I am in love with the one with the keys! :)

Crystal said...

Wonderful cards! I really love the beautiful simplicity of your monochromatic card!

Jackie S said...

Two beautiful cards

Lydia said...

Both beautiful x love the first one though x

jimlynn said...

Both are fantastic but I do love that vintage look on the first one! So pretty.
Lynn

Payne Holler Cards said...

These are both great...lovin that vintage!
This weekend will go by fast for you, enjoy the party oh master cook (-:

Ruby said...

Two beautiful cards.

Carol L said...

Great cards again M.A. I love those blue keys and especially that cool ribbon on the 2nd card! Have fun cooking, and enjoy a great weekend!

Linda said...

fantastic cards, I loveThe sconed.

Angie said...

Both cards are excellent!

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Both cards are cute ! I really like the colors in the first card

JPScraps said...

Wonderful cards! And I'm adding my prayers to yours.

Julie Odil said...

You always have such wonderful cards. Part of the reason I look forward to Fridays. I'm praying along with you.

Michelle said...

Wonderful cards!

Janice M said...

Great cards Mary Anne!! Love the way you used that vine ribbon, i think i have some of that stuffed somewhere! Sorry i have been so MIA. My laptop has issues and i have to steal time for commenting on DS#1 laptop and thats alot harder now that he's back in college. So i visit but don't always get to comment. That would have been so cool if i had came to Lancaster the day you were there. LMK if you plan on going again and maybe i can come over. Have fun cooking and enjoy the rest of this gorgeous weekend we are having!

Glenda said...

I especially love the first card! Both are very pretty but the blue one just speaks to me. Maybe it's the keys, maybe it's the blue...but I love it!

Scrapper Myra said...

Been there done that... talking about busy weeks.
Beautiful cards.

Unknown said...

That blue really does scream vintage, doesn't it? Fantastic!

Jess said...

Beautiful cards!

Eva said...

Both of your cards are beautiful, but I LOVE the first one with the keys, the monochromatic blue is awesome.

Emily H said...

Wow! These are fabulous! I havent seen these stamps before.

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
You were certainly right those are gorgeous stamps. I love the blue and that flower stamp is just right. I love the way you outlined the die. It really pops the image.