Sunday, September 2, 2012

Art Impressions Challenge #78, Plus and order Card


     Good morning, friends.  I have a couple of cards to share with you today.  My first is for the newest challenge over at the Art Impressions blog.  Kate has asked that we create "Anything Lacy".  I decided to use my AI Dragonfly stamp, P-1996.  My designer papers are from Basic Grey's Plumeria collection.  I cut out the dragonfly with one of my Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles, and sponged with assorted SU! inks. The sentiment is A-Muse. Coloring was done with Copic markers, and I used cotton lace, lavender pearls, and some Diamond Stickles on the bugs wings, as embellishments.


     My second card is for a young fellow at work, who needed a birthday wish to send to his mom down south.  He chose the colors and ladybug theme. I used digi images, and the main image is called Lady and Her Flowers, by Scrap Happy Paper Crafter.  The mom sentiment is also a digi, with no info.  Coloring is done with Copic markers, and sponging is with Poll Party ink from SU!.  I cut the main image with Spellbinder Labels Twenty-Three.  The sentiment was fussy cut.The card base is Ripe Avocado PL and the designer paper is from Basic Grey's Konnichiwa collection.  I used amber pearls, Glossy Accents, and Sakura Stardust as my special touches.  I hope he likes it.

     Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday weekend.  It is raining here, right now.  No picnic planned, just some remodeling and painting.  Funny how the paint mix does not match the chart!  Grrrrr!  Thanks, once again HD!


8 comments:

StampTramps said...

Mary Anne, your cards are always beautiful, but my mouth dropped open when I saw the card you made for your work friend to send to his mom. OMG!!! What a tremendous amount of work! If he doesn't like it, I'll have to have a "talk" with him. lol

Carol L said...

Ditto to what Nancy said above! LOL Both cards are fabulous, but that 2nd one is a work of art! His mom is going to be THRILLED to receive it! NJ on both!

I agree with you about the paint, except that sometimes after it dries, it does look quite different and matches a lot better. Good luck with that one!

Donna Hanley said...

Mary Anne, You have come up with two more beauties which does not surprise me in the least bit. Dragonflies always make me laugh because my Dad used to tease me and tell me they would sew my mouth closed. Your second card is just gorgeous. I know your coworker's Mom will be so very pleased to receive this one. I'm sure it will be the prettiest card she will ever receive.

~ Kathy said...

Beautiful cards, and they're both so different! I love what you did with the "white space" around the dragonfly!

Kerry said...

MaryAnne, both gorgeous cards!!! I love how you used the beautiful lace dies and fabulous job on creating the soft look with the dragonfly, so so pretty! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Ai challenge!

Glenda said...

Both of these are lovely. Amazing use of color and dimension! Well done!

Sue said...

Hi Mary Anne, love your beautiful dragon fly card with the sparkley wings. Had more than ever before around our pond this year, love to watch them, they fly like helecopters.

Your second card is so bright and fun and cheerful, this young man is going to love it and so is his Mom.

Remodeling....ugh...but so nice when it's done.

Hugs
Sue

Payne Holler Cards said...

These two are knockouts! Love that dragonfly...looks vintage! And the card for his mom....wow, she had to love it! Your coloring on both is beautiful....and your stash of embellishments, perfect!
Not raining here yet, hope paint project goes well ( I hate painting walls)
Get 'er done and then craft (-;