Monday, August 20, 2012

Art Impressions Challenge #76 Flowers

Here is an entry for the Art Impressions Challenge this week.  The theme is flowers, and since I am lacking in the AI flower department, I came up with something a little different.


My card was created with an oak tag card stock, a piece of garden patterned 8 1/2x11 older, garden printed designer paper, a digi,  pre-colored image from Dearie Dolls (girl in sunflower dress), and a wonderful flower sentiment stamp from PSX. I popped my little doll into her flower habitat and think she is adorable!  One of my very favorite things to do is to half pop, just like she is leaning forward with the top half of her body.  You can tell by the shadows behind her head.

Had a great weekend here, which included a visit from my daughter and her husband.  We took a trip to my favorite stamps store, cooked, shopped, and she was a darling and helped get all of the flower beds back in shape, after this long, hot summer.  Thanks, Dee!  Hope you had a good one, also.  I plan on playing catch up on my challenges today.

5 comments:

craftieodmae said...

this is gorgeous, what a fantastic sentiment, fits us Roses' LOL, glad you and Dee had fun!!!

Patti J said...

Wow! Beautifully done, Mary Anne! Love it! Glad you had a visit with DD - those are always to be cherished! Hugs...

Betty Benton said...

Adorable -- love all the little sunflowers on her dress! Bet you and Dee had lots of fun together this weekend; sounds like you found fun as well as constructive things to do together!

Carol L said...

You are blessed to have such a loving daughter - give her a big hug for me :) This card is really cute, and I LOVE the sentiment!!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
Love, love the way you put this one together! That sentiment is awesome.
Glad Dee was there to help :)