Monday, June 25, 2012

This week at Joan's Gardens


     The challenge at Joan's Gardens is to create a card or project that is an Oldie but Goodie.  Well, I could not think of a better stamp and sentiment in my collection that portrayed that ten this combo from River City Rubber Works called Church Ladies 3042-N and Blue In The Hair 1942-F.  The reason I came to own these stamps has a story.  One of my best friends growing up, had 2 aunt Alice's.  One was younger, and one elderly. If we would discuss them, I would always ask if it was regular aunt Alice or aunt Alice with the blue hair, which was the elderly one.  We still laugh and joke about it.

The challenge requirements are as follows:

Use and Oldie but Goodie theme
Use blue on the project
Include corner elements
Make it for a friend

     My card base is Neenah card stock.  The Designer paper is from Basic Grey's Picadilly.  My corners are from Sizzix Sizzlets Architectural Accents.  I used Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Three for my image and sentiment.  My image is clear embossed over Versafine ink and colored in Copic Marker.  Sponging is Memento Summer Sky.  My embellishments are blue gems, and Prima flowers.

     I had a wonderful play day with a stamping friend, and we exchanged so many great ideas!  We must do this more often.  What I would not give to have some of my blog friends closer.  Okay, that's it for me.  Time to do a bit of TV before bed.   Night, night.

8 comments:

craftieodmae said...

wish I could of been there, we need to Skype and stamp LOL, love your card, now that's funny!

Mrs. Swandog said...

Love your card...I have those ladies somewhere....I also love river city rubber.

Donna Hanley said...

Mary Anne, I loved hearing your story and what you asked sound like something I would have also asked. Great image and sentiment and those corner elements have such a nice vintage flair to them as does the background paper. Enjoy your day.

Carol L said...

Awww, this is such a great card, and I love how you incorporated the blue color into this card! I think I've just about become one of these "aunts" already - YIKES! LOL

The Other Patti Sue said...

I'll be with Olga when she comes over... now that would be fun! Your card is just a hoot!

Sue said...

Hee hee, love this card! The ladies and the sentiment are so fun!

Hugs
Sue

Payne Holler Cards said...

Hey, love Olga's idea to Skype ....or use FaceTime! We could start something new....cyber stamping party!......before we are the ladies on this sweet card!

Selma said...

This is so cute Marianne. I love the image and your layout is fantastic. Thanks for joining in on our challenge at Joan's Gardens.