Monday, June 18, 2012

Joan's Gardens #22 Child's Card

     Good Morning!  Hope everyone had a great Father's Day weekend.  I did not have much crafty time, but I did get to see both of our children for a bit.  I also got to do up red beets from our garden and then turn them into a big batch of pickled eggs.  Yum!


     Today's card is for the weekly challenge at Joan's Gardens.  This week Joan has asked us to create a card for a child.  I decided to use an adorable stamp from my new Unity KOM of June, that arrived the other day.  I though I could use this for a kids summer birthday, with maybe a little chipboard number, or just to celebrate fun and the end of school. The sentiment is from the kit, also.  I think it looks so much cuter when you click the image and make it larger!

     I would lso like to enter this over at the Craft-A-Lot Blog:  Use a Unity stamp and Embossing

     Here is what I used.

     Papers:  Card stock from Bazzill, Designer papers from Basic Grey's Sugar Rush, Generic white & teal
     Ink:  Image stamped in Versafine and clear embossed.  Coloring by Copic Markers, Sponging by        Memento
     Embellishments:  Ribbon, and sticky gel dots from Jolee's

     Thanks for taking a look!

12 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Mary Anne This card is just sweet as can be. I love that sentiment although I think you gotta go some to beat ice cream. LOL Love those sticky gel dots on your sentiment piece and it looks like glassy accents on your ice cream, Is It? Anyway it looks good enough to eat. Have a great week.

craftieodmae said...

you were very very busy.........love the card!!

Kathy and Lucky said...

OH am I loving this card, what a perfect fun, end of school year, start summer right card! Now where is our ice cream truck (foot tapping). Love it. Sounds like you had a great and productive weekend.

jimlynn said...

Adorable!!! Love your coloring on here an all the different colored rhinestones! Summer is on the way!

Carol was telling me all about pickled eggs yesterday in an e-mail. I guess I'll have to try some now. I'd never even heard for them!

Lynn

Patti P. said...

How cute, and if I put that on a card it would be saying something as I am on a definite ice cream kick....just can't get enough, lol.
Love the sparkle and this image is so wonderful.
Good luck at Joan's!

Carol L said...

I knew this image would find it's way to your blog soon :) That ice cream truck really is cute!
We've been enjoying the beets and pickled eggs, and I just shared a jar of them with my SIL and BIL this afternoon! They're too good not to share :) Again, TFS :)

A Consuming Passion said...

Cute, cute, cute!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is just as cute as can be! I just got mine today (0=

Joan Fricker said...

Mary Anne, this is so cute. Great colors too.

Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
Love this one! Great coloring and elements.

Sue said...

Well, that's saying a LOT! Not much we like more than ice cream this time of year, especially with this awful heat!! Such a fun card, will be well received when sent to someone.

Hugs
Sue

Payne Holler Cards said...

Cute cute cute....hmmmmmm ice cream and pickled eggs ...brings back memories LOL
Once daughter was born, haven't touched a pickled egg but DH still loves 'em