Friday, April 13, 2012

Friends with Flair Time!


     Here we are again!  There must be more than one Friday in a week, do ya think?  Time to strut our Unity stuff and hook up to the Friends with Flair linky.  This week, my card kind of happened by accident.  I started out to do the sketch of the month over at Unity, and when I was 3/4 finished, I realized that I had not been creating with a KOM, but with a Store Kit.  Ha!  Never fear, we always have Fridays!

     Here is how it went down.  The card consists of  kraft and white card stock, with my designer paper being from  Basic Grey's Picadilly collection. My images are from the Unity store kit called Moments in Bloom, and Naturally You from May 2010.  Love it!  The images were stamped in VersaFine onyx black and clear embossed.  I carefully colored with Copic Markers, and sponged my scene background with VersaMagic inks.   For embellishments, a half paper doily was added to the top and wrapped with stitched ribbon from American Crafts.  Tiny Prima flowers were added, as well as pearl centers.  I added sparkle to the butterfly and turtle shell with a Sakura Stardust Pen.

     Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend.  We are expecting a huge warm up here in PA, so me thinks there may be some outdoor time in my near future!

30 comments:

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
I can't believe I'm first to comment! This is so cute with that little turtle and all the extras.

Kary said...

Mary Anne, this is way cute!! Love your colouring and the lovely scene you created. So Gorgeous!!

Kathy and Lucky said...

This so cute,what an adorable image and love the colors. That doily is such a great idea as an embellishment. Have a great weekend.

Patti J said...

Well now, isn't he just the ca-utest little guy? The doily is perfect, and oh my goodness, what a darling scene!!! Great job :) Have a good weekend...

Becky said...

This is adorable Mary Anne..Love how you did that doily..Have a great weekend.

Catherine said...

Gorgeous card, love that cute little image.....

Dr. Ivy said...

Mary Anne this card is wonderful. I love the images and coloring and the inking in the background. Perfect.

Ruby said...

This card is adorable and the image and sentiment are plain cute.

Crystal said...

Adorable card, love the way you colored the turtle and background! LOL, I did the same thing this week for the KOM sketch challenge, finished my card and realized there were no KOM stamps on it at all!

Unknown said...

Ahhh. Such a sweet little turle. Adorable card!

Gwen said...

This is so cute! LOVE that turtle. I've done the same thing with that crazy KOTM challenge...more than once!

craftieodmae said...

love your card and I;m praying so for warmer temps here too!!!!

Jen M said...

This is super cute! I've totally done that with the KOM sketch a time or five... :)

Linda said...

that is super cute. and great colors. and so happy!

JPScraps said...

Lovely card! Love the turtle. It difinitely warmed up on the western side of PA.

Eva said...

Mary Anne, your card is amazing, love the coloring and sponging you did, and the doily is so pretty.

Carol L said...

Very pretty card, and that doily looks wonderful! Enjoy the warm that's coming :)

JenMarie said...

This is just darling!

Jay Gee said...

Your colouring and sponging is lovely - sweet card :)

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is just adorable! Love the little turtle.... super cute!

Julie Odil said...

Oh my, what a beautiful creation!

Marcie Sharp said...

What a sweet card- love the doily!!

Betty Benton said...

The lace is so pretty, Mary Anne. Just perfect to go with the turtle??????? I love how you think outside the box!

veronica said...

That little turtle is too cute!

Payne Holler Cards said...

Turtle and lace....slow and old LOL....or could be slow and elegant!
Either way...adorable card
Hugs

Tameko said...

So pretty. Love the colors and design.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Fun card!!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable...love your turtle...

jennifer mitten said...

Love this turtle!

Glenda J said...

So adorable! Love the turtle!