Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Art Impressions Challenge # 59, Anything Owls

     I hated to move the wedding photos down a notch, but it's time for some stamping!  I have not done an Art Impressions challenge for quite some time, and  I just wanted to take part this week. Anything Owls was such a cute theme! I do not own an owl by Art Impressions, but I made do with a combo of stamps from my collection.


     I started with an ivory base and layered on a gorgeous paper from Basic Grey's Indie Bloom collection.  Next, I created the border of flowers with a stamp from Annette Allen Watkins, by stamping in Versafine ink and clear embossing it.  This gave me a great raised image to color with my Copics.  The petals were then details with a clear Sakura Stardust pen for sparkle.  My little owl was also clear embossed, colored, and placed among the posies.  He is from Inkadinkado.  The sentiment is an ICling stamp and was punched with an E.K.Success punch.  There is a stitched ribbon from Gina K. Designs across the top for added interest, and the distressing was done with Antique Linen Distress Ink.


     That's it for me, right now.  I need to get to work.  I have another card to share later today.

     I want to thank you all for the kind words for the bride and groom, and myself.  It was such a happy day!

10 comments:

Kathy and Lucky said...

So pretty, such a cute little owl with those lovely flowers and the DP that matches so well. Love this sweet little card.

craftieodmae said...

awesome card and pricelss owl!!!!!

Betty Benton said...

Love the sparkle on your flowers and that gorgeous paper -- looking forward to your next post too!!

Catherine said...

Gorgoeus card, love the cute little owl...

Payne Holler Cards said...

You are on a roll ...adorable!

Anne Fenton said...

Your card is so so cute!! Thanks for sharing with us at Art Impressions this week.

Carol L said...

What a cute card, and honestly - those blue flowers look wonderful!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
What a cute card, love the owl and your colors are wonderful.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super dooper great card GF! Lovin that gorgeous dp!

Janice M said...

MaryAnne this is adorable! Love the colors and DP you used.