Tuesday, September 6, 2011

It's That Time Again!


     It's time for  this weeks Art Impressions Challenge!  It is called Lots of Dots, and it was such fun to create!  I was fortunate enough to have my DD come home this weekend and bring me all of her Art Impression stamps to use.  Woo Hoo, now I have more to choose from!


The AI stamps I used are:
E-2824
D-2820
I-2821

     I did a narrow card and it will be a thank you for some friends we dined with the other night!  The base is soft suede from SU!, with white card stock and a perfectly matched polka dot scrap I found hiding in my stash.  The images were stamped in tuxedo black, Memento ink, and colored with Copic Markers.  Sponging was created with VersaMagic inks, and images were cut out and layered with Spellbinders Big Scalloped Ovals dies.  Some shimmer was added with a Sakura clear star pen.  For accents, I used twine and a red button to coordinate with my cheese, and add a pop of color. 

     It is raining with a chance of flooding again.  Mother Nature is sure not happy this summer!  It was another weekend of wedding chores.  Time is moving so quickly!  I am just happy to be able to squeak in the couple challenges I am trying to be faithful to.  Thanks for stopping by, and all the notes of encouragement I have been receiving!

12 comments:

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
This is perfection. Love the way the dots pop behind the image it really makes it stand out. Coloring is perfect as always.

craftieodmae said...

another gorgeous card, glad you got time to spend with DD, we have had 2 tornados touched down here this weekend, and under another watch this morning! then theres the rain, rain, and more rain!!!!

Barbara Bruder said...

What a beautiful card. Thanks for joining in the Art Impressions weekly challenge. Hope to see you again soon
Barbara - AI DT

Anne Fenton said...

Cute card..thank you for joining us this week at Art Impressions, hope we see you there next week.

Carol L said...

Great image, and I love the sponging! I'm glad you and your DD share your love of stamping with one another, and swapping stamps is a big plus! I hope this month goes smoothly for you my friend! You'll soon be having that big sigh of relief :)

Deloris said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining the challenge at Art Impressions.

Deloris

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is so pretty! Love the narrow card and the image of yummy cheese and bread. Sounds like a nice time with your DD and friends. The weather has just been crazy all over, we are drier than dust and everyone else is getting too much rain :(

Patti P. said...

Gorgeous thank you card and what an appropriate image....love the twine. Glad you had a great weekend and I guess you are probably getting the rain by now that we have had. Try and stay dry.
Patti
PS, your corn bread card is so fabulous.

Payne Holler Cards said...

love it!
and how nice for Dee to give you her stamps! hmmmmm, is she not going to be stampin for awhile...oh that's right...there is a wedding almost here LOL
hugs sweetie - hope you can float - with all this rain you never know (-:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super, dooper awesome GF! So happy Dee came to visit... and she brought stamps WOW!

Janice M said...

Glad you got some play time with DD! Hope the wedding plans are going well and that you are staying dry on your side of the river! A L&L meet up when all settles down sounds great to me!!

Wendy said...

Very cute card, Mary Anne! I love all the polka dots on your card! :)