Friday, July 15, 2011

Art Impressions Challenge #24


Good morning!  This week the Art Impressions Challenge is called Show Me The Bird!  After going through all of my stamps, not one A.I. bird was to be found.  I even tried bidding on one on Ebay, hoping to get it here before the deadline, but I lost.  I decided to do a card anyway, using some of my unmounted stamps.  I had a blast making this, and it will be for our best friend John, who had a stroke.  He was released from rehab yesterday and will begin out-patient therapy next week.  He is working so hard, and we are proud of him.

I started with a white base card, and started building layers.  My DP is from DCWV.  Coloring was done with Copics. My puffy clouds in the back are an Art Impression stamp.  The rooster and feed sack are from Rubberneckers Stamps.  The sun with clouds is an unknown.  My sentiment is from Mark's Finest.

Okay, I am off to work.  Please have a good day!

9 comments:

artfuldelight said...

Awesome card!! :-)

Becky said...

What an awesome card! I love that rooster. :)

The Other Patti Sue said...

This totally brought a smile to my face and I'm sure it will make John smile too!

Patty Sue 2 said...

What a great card for your friend and good for him! This card is bound to make him smile!

Carol L said...

So cute and fun Mary Anne, and I'm sure it will lift John's spirits! Glad to hear he's coming home and I hope he's doing well.
Have a great weekend!

A Consuming Passion said...

What a fabulous card Mary Anne.......I love that chook and your colouring is amazing!

Janice M said...

Another great card Mary Anne! Love the colors you used on this one and your coloring too!

Peggy said...

Great card and love all the texture and colors!!! this would be a perfect card for my uncle who raises chickens.. I'll have to give it a try! thanks Peggy C

Wendy said...

Awwww this card is so adorable! I don't know how I missed it but i'm glad I seen it now. Love this!! :)