Sunday, June 5, 2011

What a Whopper!

Hi friends!  Sorry I have not posted a card for a week or so, but life has been getting in the way.  On Tuesday we lost a dear neighbor, and that sort of took the wind out of our sails.

We have had many meetings for my DD's upcoming wedding and are tying up loose ends.  Yesterday we met with the florist and today we sealed the deal on the perfect wedding cake.  Last evening I finally found the shoes to go with my gown.  We went from nothing to do because it was too early, to a huge list of "Need To Do Now" items.


I wanted to share a couple of photos of my DH, who went fishing in the local river last night.  This is the huge Flathead that he caught.  He and his brother have been doing Catfish Tournaments every other weekend for fun.  This was NOT a prize money weekend.  Boo, Hiss.  I'm so proud of him!


Anyhow, I promise to get back to paper play real soon.  Thanks for stopping by! 

8 comments:

craftieodmae said...

well tell JIm congrats, it's a whopper!!!! sure would be good rolled and fried LOL! tell me about it, I need to spend a few hours catching up commenting. glad all the wedding stuff is coming together. Aren't you glad I didn't pop in on Sat LOL

Becky said...

Wow, what a big fish.. Love your new picture.

Carol L said...

Now THAT is a whopper of a fish, for sure!!! Tell DH that's a job well done!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
What a wonderful post, thanks for stopping by last night. Bob loved the pictures of Jim and that bigger than huge fish. Great job on the shoes and the wedding plans. I hope you get to play with paper soon :)

Patti J said...

Wowee! Are we invited to the fish fry? Great catch, Jim!!! Mary Anne, I love your new profile photo!!! Can't wait to start seeing photos of all the wedding stuff - bet you are getting so excited! Hugs...

redwasher1 said...

WOW!!! Awesome catch!!!!! When is the big day??

Janice M said...

Wow! What a big fish!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

yikes! and to think we sometimes swim in the same water with those things...I'm sure he loved every second of catchin those babies!!! and pics let the "fisherman tell the tale" (-:

glad you found shoes LOL ....wedding will be here before you know it!