Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sow's Everything?


While I was surfing the many blogs I have saved, I cam across a challenge on the Art Impression blog.  It is #19 Monochromatic/ shades of the same color.  I decided to play with some of my AI stamps.  Since I had a piece of Just Peachy, Pure Luxury card stock laying right in front of me, I went with the peachy/beige tones.

Next came my AI Sow stamp and it's saying.  I colored this little cutie with shades of Copics and added some white gel accents and Sakura glaze touches.  Cut her out with my Spellbinders Labels Ten die and did a little sponging.  Ain't she cute?  My dp is from the Basic Grey collection called Green At Heart.  I added a stacked Prima and pearls to the center for an accent.  I kept it simple.

Art Impression stamps are one of the first brands I purchased back in the 90's.  I even have my catalog from back then, and love adding to my collection. No one was happier than I, to see new stamps being released.  They always make people smile.  Hope you smiled too!

Update 6/16:  This little piggie won the challenge!  I am thrilled!

11 comments:

Patty Sue 2 said...

This is so funny..or just how I feel tonight! LOL! What a cute card!

Becky said...

This is so wild and cute!! I bought some of my first stamps from Art Impression

craftieodmae said...

yep, put a big ole smile on my face, it's priceless!!!!!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
I have to say you have the most interesting collection of stamps. This guy is just so cute the way you have used him. I would have never thought and you made something great with it. :) So much talent.

The Other Patti Sue said...

To funny! Made me smile! Super cute card!

Wendy said...

Such a fun card, Mary Anne! Love it!! :)

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is terrific, such a fun card! Love this!

JD/ Jill said...

This is an adorable image, you did a great job with it...Must check out their website. You are an enabler Mary Anne...smile...

Patti J said...

Too much fun! Thanks for sharing - have a good day!

Carol L said...

I had to do a double take when I clicked on your blog! I thought the sponged die cut you used looked like a serving platter at first with a big ole pig served up on it! LOL It really is a cute stamp now that I see it closer, but I don't have a single AI stamp in my collection! 2bad4me!

redwasher1 said...

WOW! This made me laugh!! Just had dinner and that's about how I feel!!! LOL Great card!!!