Sunday, February 27, 2011

Mono!


No, no, not the illness! It's the last Sunday of the month, so it is time for the Roses Challenge! This month, Patti Rose has challenged us to make a monochromatic card. I chose to do mine in blue.
I am also going to be entering this card in Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge # 44, where Joanne Travis has asked that we use food on our card.

My card was created using a white card base, A layer of DP from K&Co, and circles and stripes of white and Little Boy Blue, Pure Luxury card stock from Gina K. Designs. My cupcake and sentiments are from a set called Cupcake Birthday, from Mark's Finest Paper. For embellishments, I used glaze and gelly roll pens on the cupcake, then added Prima flowers and pearls from Queen & Co..

If you have a minute, it would be so nice to have you stop and see what the other Roses have to offer us in the way of lovely creations! Please visit Sue, Kerrie, Olga, Betty, Patti Sue, Kym, and Connie. Some of them may be snoozing, but give it a go!

Have a glorious Sunday!

19 comments:

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
Great card! Love how you colored that blueberry cupcake!
Glad to see you :) I was getting a bit worried. I've been working some long hours this past week as we are a person down. I have to go in today too,but I'm going to try to get something done. Bob's not home yet either.

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous card, that cupcake looks good enough to eat LOL!!!

Patti P. said...

Good morning, cupcake!!! Love all your blues and the LO on your card. I look forward to seeing what you girls are up to each month and you never disappoint. Have a good one!

Theresa's Studio said...

Love your "Blue"berry card.Great take on the challenge. Love to see what the Roses come up with each month.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Pure mono yumminess! Is that a word? I so love your mono creation and so happy it's not the illness LOL!

Patti J said...

lol....So happy that you aren't 'sick' with mono! Love your card! I don't do much of the monochromatic, but I should - love the way it looks! Thanks for the inspiration!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Looks fabulous in blue! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Becky said...

What a fabulous blue cup cake :).

Payne Holler Cards said...

love mono blue and always wanting a cupcake!
happy Sunday - going to pop around and visit the Roses before someone (DH) comes to get me to do something around here LOL - I dont want to do any house stuff today!

A Consuming Passion said...

Love this serene blue card MaryAnne...... Is it you next? Can't wait!

Wendy said...

I love all your blue! LOL Well, afterall blue is my favorite color! Great job on the challenge, Mary Anne!
Happy Sunday!!

Carol L said...

I'm a sucker for a cupcake, and this is just too cute done in these great shades of blue! I'm terrible with doing mono cards, so I'm always envious of those who do them this well!

Kerrie said...

Stunning.... love the colour, my favourite!

redwasher1 said...

What a delicious card!! love it in blue!!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends.

Kym Weber said...

Gorgeous card! Those blues are fabulous! Definitely an eye opener! Wonderful job!

Hugs,
~Kym~

CraftieConnie said...

Beautiful in blue Mary Anne! I just love what you have done with this challenge! Lovely layout and color choices, Patti-ROse is going to be soooo pleased too!

Virgo5 said...

Love the blue cupcake!
Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Susan Raihala said...

What a fun card! Love how you used pearls as accents, too. Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Harriet Skelly said...

What a great layout - your card is so pretty! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!