Thursday, January 13, 2011

Blossoms Abound Valentine

Yep, I am back with a Valentine made with an older stamp set. This card is using Blossoms Abound by Stampin Up! I used a couple of the pastel shades of card stock from Gina K. Designs. My striped paper is from my scrap bin. I used Versamagic chalk inks to do my 2 step stamping and then cut it out offset with a Scalloped heart Nestabilities die. I sponged with soft blue before removing the heart from the die. I added some Dew Drops, butterfly punch outs, and deep purple ribbon as my accents. Just a simple Valentine. I really enjoyed using this set!

Expecting a very frigid day here today. My car is still in a shroud of ice and snow, so I guess no work for me again today, darn. Spent the evening rolled in a blanket, on the couch, watching Eat Pray Love w/ Julia Roberts. Hubby actually made it through the movie! Glad I recorded the premier of Off The Map, cause I fell asleep. I may be back! Hope all is well in your little part of the world!

10 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Cold here too hon, but I'm at work, one downfall to living on the main road 1 mile from work..........Love your card and your stampin tech!

Becky said...

This is stunning. I love how you shaded the heart.

Girl it is cold here, we just had another snow storm, 2 in 2 weeks.

Patty Sue 2 said...

This is very pretty. I like that is is not the usual valentine colors! Love using up those scraps also!

martina's kaartjes said...

What a pretty card ! so elegant,
greetings, martina
x

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
This is a really cute card. I love the way you are thinking of different ways to make your cards. The Image being off set is amazing.

Janice M said...

Very pretty! I need to dig out this set and use it for some Sprng cards!

Payne Holler Cards said...

i'm with Janice - i have this set and some of that dp left too! this is perfect to make a bunch of cards for a bunch of occasions TFS (-:

Carol L said...

I've always regretted not buying Blossoms Abound when it was available, and every time I see it used, I have MORE regrets! You really created a beauty here! It has all the elements for the challenge at JoansGardens - I hope you entered it there!?
Stay warm........I can't seem to get warm anymore either! Brrrrrrrr!!

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, Mary Anne! So springy & so pretty! I love that you used an old set!! :) Keep up the good work, girl! We can do it!

redwasher1 said...

WOW! I love it!! Tis beautiful!!!