Sunday, September 26, 2010

Fall Is In The Air

This first weekend of Fall has been a warm one, here in Pennsylvania, with temps soaring into the upper 90's. That is not stopping the leaves from beginning to show subtle changes. There are touches of red in the Dogwood trees, and the farm fields are full of dried corn and Goldenrod. Achoooo!
I thought that it would be fun to create an Autumn card using a new Impression Obsession stamp that I acquired recently. I enjoyed coloring it so much, that I made 2! It is called Colonial Fall!
I stamped my image with Memento, Rich Cocoa, and colored it with Copics. I then highlighted different places on the scene with a Sakura Gelly Roll pen. Ivory and Rust were my primary card stocks and I added SU! punched corners from a scrap of K&C0. I added 4, brown mini brads as accents.

I would like to enter this card in the following:

Stamp Something: Fall Colors
Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge #22: A pumpkin on your card.
Have a wonderful Sunday!

15 comments:

craftieodmae said...

It's a beauty! Pouring rain here this morning........

Patti P. said...

What a beautiful stamp and love your coloring...this is gorgeous. TFS...I see Olga has given you our weather report,lol. And I will add we are to get 1 to 2 inches tonight and tomorrow, boy do we need it. Have a great Sunday.

The Other Patti Sue said...

This card totally screams autumn! Gorgeous GF!

Janis Lewis said...

What a beautiful card! The image is so detailed. Thanks for playing in paper with us at Paper Playtime! :) Janis

Carol L said...

I don't think I've ever seen an IO stamp I don't like, and this one is just gorgeous for Autumn! Get the umbrella, we're about to catch up on all that rain we missed all summer long!!

Tamie said...

Your coloring is beautiful! I love the image too! Perfect for your autumn colors chose. Thanks so much for sharing your amazing inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing with us! I love it, and fall is my favorite time of year.

Leanne DT 4 Crafty Chicks

Lynn McAuley said...

Beautiful framing and coloring of this sensational image!!

Thanks, Mary Anne, for creating this gorgeous card to toss into Speedy the Cat's pumpkin patch for this week's challenge!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wonderful card Maryanne!! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

redwasher1 said...

WOWza, this is absolutely gorgeous!!!
Thanks for joining us at Speedy's Friends.

Joanne Travis said...

Really beautiful!! Love the image and your coloring.
Thanks for sharing with us and for joining Speedy's Friends this week!

Lori Turner said...

I love the image you used for your Fall card! Thanks for playing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks!

Cheri said...

Love Impression Obsession stamps. This one has been made exceptional by your touches. Gorgeous!

Virgo5 said...

Beautiful card, the colour justs pops!
Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

JD/ Jill said...

What a beautiful image...nicely colored...