Saturday, May 8, 2010

A Duo of Challenges

My first challenge card is for the Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger. It was inspired this week by a purse that Nina Brackett fell in love with. Isn't it adorable?

I just love how all the pink flowers are like a nest at the bottom of the bag! As for me, I can never get enough polka dots!
The stamp set I used is from Stampin Up and is called Delight In Life. I used Green Apple, Pure Luxury card stock for my background layer. I also used the polka dot border stamp from Nina's new Vintage Borders set at Gina K. Designs. It was stamped over dp from K&Co. My flowers were stamped on dp from K&Co.'s Madeline collection and then outlined in Copic marker. I added green pearls as accents.


My next challenge, is from Kim Wilson's inspiration piece for her new challenge at Off The Wall Craftiness. It is her #6 challenge already! Look at this gorgeous peacock!

I must add a thank you to my post this week, as I was the random winner of her challenge last week and won a whopping $25.00 gift certificate from Third Coast Stamps. Thanks so much!

I used a white 2A card base and added papers from the S.E.I. paper collection called Charlemagne. My stamp is from the Gem Stone Birds stamp set by Inkadinkado. The sentiment is from the Masculine Messages stamp set by Gina K. Designs. I added touches of color to the feather with my Copic markers and then added a turquoise pearl to the center and some peacock colored eyelash fibers. Images were stamped in Memento, Tuxedo Black ink.

Thanks for stopping by and please check back, as I may get another post done today!

9 comments:

Betty Benton said...

Congrats on the win last week!! Very exciting! Both of your cards are gorgeous! Too hard to choose which I like best!

craftieodmae said...

WOW! What a great prize, member that money you owe me LOL,both of your cards are absolutely awesome! As they always are my talented friend!

Cat Tidwell said...

Oh both of these are awesome Mary Anne! Love that dp on the first one...I think I have some of that! Love the stamping on it!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Lovin both beautiful creations! Would love to have that purse! Congrats on your win... it's always great fun to spend others money!

Kerrie said...

Just love that bag!... both your creations are fantastic!.... congratulations on your win, have fun shopping!

Kim Wilson said...

Great card Mary Anne! I am so happy to have you playing along!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Mary Anne! What a pretty approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Payne Holler Cards said...

both of these are knockouts! loving that peacock WOW and your flowers!! just too cute - BIG congrats on your win!!!

Michele Gross said...

What a perfect feather stamp for the peacock challenge! I love the added pearl-great pop of color :)