Friday, February 5, 2010

What's Your Cup of Tea?



Oh my Flourishes! This was such a fun challenge! We were suppose to create a card based on our favorite drink. The girls at Flourishes get so creative! We were to take inspiration from that wonderful liquid that completes our day...... LOL. Well, here it is........ I love Fresca! That wonderful no-cal citrus goodness.

What do you think? Did I match the colors? Did I reflect the freshness that I feel when I drink in it's awesomeness?

I really am not sure of the papers I used on this challenge. I pulled them from my scrap bin. The stamps are from Flourishes, "Beach Life". I colored with Copics and a few colored pencils to blend colors. The ribbon is from Michaels dollar bin. A few glittery blue gems were used to add some sparkle.
Well, the East coast storm we are expecting, is on our door step. They say it is going to be a wild and woolly ride. What is so scary, is that they change what they say every 5 minutes. It is like no one wants to commit. They say that the New Jersey southern shore is going to have true blizzard conditions. They are predicting 50 mph winds and a chance of 2 feet of snow. Hummm.... wind equals drifting.... if 2 feet of snow drifts, how big do the drifts get? 6 feet? 8 feet? Glad I'm not there. Hence another reason for a beachy card.

7 comments:

America said...

beautiful inspiration, lovely color combos!

Betty Benton said...

Mary Anne, your colors are perfect. It's hard to tell the card apart from the Fresca can!! lol You aced this challenge!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love what you came up with from a can of Fresca!! You go girl! Love this chair/ card!!

Stacy Morgan said...

This is a great take on the Fresca. Very soothing and wish I was there.

Julie Koerber said...

This is absolutely fabulous! Love the inspiration and your inspiration is just as cool and refreshing! ;-)

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my goodness! Your card is sooooooo Fresca! Nothing more refreshing than the beach. What a creative take on the challenge. It was fun to see what a Fresca can inspired. Love it!

momof5sons said...

Great inspiration, fabulous card...fun little bit of summer is much needed now - thanks!