Thursday, February 4, 2010

The New Sketch on StampTV


I just had to jump right on this new sketch! Jennie Harper does such a great job of keeping us challenged over at Stamp TV. I rarely make square cards, mostly because I hate giving the PO double postage because of the shape. I am totally not a cheapo, but if it weighs next to nothing, what the heck?
We have a BIG snowstorm coming tomorrow, so I am thinking spring as much as I can. I am so sick of this weather!
My card base is a purple textured card stock which I sanded on the edges. I used 2 different sizes of square punches and alternated pattern and color to do my 3-3-3 pattern. The embroidered flowers are Mary Engelbreit. I used a chipboard frame and centered a sentiment and random hearts from Nina Brackett's newest sets, Heartily Yours and Heartily Yours Additions, which were stamped in chalk ink. I stamped a pattern on some MS butterfly punches. Pearls, gems, and stitched ribbon are my embellishments. I decided to use a simple Happy Anniversary stamp on a white decorated panel on the inside.
Thanks for dropping in for a visit, and I will try to make my postings a little closer together. My mojo has been missing. I think it climbed into an envelope and card I sent to a friend for her birthday! She needs to send it back.

6 comments:

Jennie said...

Just love this Mary Anne! So soft and pretty..stay warm!!!

Betty Benton said...

Would that be Olga who is holding on to your mojo??? She must have sent it back because this card is fabulous!! And I'm not just whistling Dixie!! The colors, the rhinestones, the pearls, the butterflies, the flowers, the sketch (Jennie deserves applause for this one) -- they are all perfection! LOVE IT!

craftieodmae said...

It's gorgeous!!! See, you ain't lost your MOJO you big kidder, LOL heard tonight we are mainly getting sleet, freezing rain and 3-7 inches of snow, I'm starting a spring dance, so jump up and booggiiee ! LOL

The Other Patti Sue said...

Your card is beautiful!I want to see you and Olga do this spring dance!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
I see it's back. You didin't lose it afterall just misplaced?
This card is lovely and screams spring bring it on!

Theresa's Studio said...

Love this card...so many lovely details! The spring colors are so refreshing. Stay warm and safe.