Sunday, December 20, 2009

JUGs 12 Color Challenge!

I have not been able to participate in the Just Us Girls challenge for the last couple of weeks, so I wanted to make sure I got to it for this one. There was something about that 4th color that made it a real challenge for me. Yes, I would have been fine with the red, green, kraft, or the red, raspberry, kraft. But my brain went bonkers with that 4th color! Oh well it has been a bonkers kind of week, anyway.

I played for a bit and this is what I came up with. There was not a great deal of stamping involved and much more gathering odds and ends from my room, lol! The green dp is K&Co. The large raspberry square is hard plastic that came in an ad in the mail. My kraft was run through the Cuttlebug with the herringbone folder. There is a strip of red vellum and the die cuts are from the Smitten collection from K&Co. I stamped the I Love You with ridinghood red ink. The puffy letters that spell HONEY are something I found on clearance at Target. Sticky pearls are the final accent. I was not sure, but I think I like it!

7 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Well it is gorgeous!!!!! You are very talented GF Merry Christmas!

Dana Gustafson said...

Oooh! I have abunch of the same supplies and you have my wheels turning with this card! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls. I hope you can make it back next week for a template challenge and blog candy!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Well you certainly made the colors work for you! Adorable card!

papertrails leaver said...

very pretty card and love the angles you have used

Unknown said...

THis turned out wonderfully! Like your 'recycling' and your fun angles on your layout. Thanks so much for playing along with the JUGS challenge this week -- hope to see you back on Saturday!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oooo, Very Pretty Valentine Mary Anne! That herringbone embossing looks gorgeous & all those hearts are wonderful! You sure put a lot of love in this creation! Thank you so much for playing along with Just Us Girls! I hope you join us Saturday for an all new challenge!

Lisa Kind said...

Isn't if funny how one more color will put you over the edge? LOL! That happens to me sometimes, too! Love your card, though! Nice to see something other than Christmas cards! Thanks for playing our JUGs challenge and Happy Holidays!