Saturday, November 7, 2009

Wonderful News and A Card!

First I will post the card. I made this for the Potluck Challenge over on Stamp TV. We had to create a background using word stamps. I can not be DP with writing. I think I pulled it off. What do you think?

I really love the combo of red, white, and kraft. It always looks so clean to me. My inks are ridinghood red and sahara sand from SU. I used 2 Gina K Designs stamp sets. One is the Vintage borders set that is new from Nina Brackett. The other is an older set from Melanie Muenchinger called A Year Of Flowers. The sentiment stamp is from Wood Cellar Graphics, dated 2000. Dewdrops and Stickles are true staples in my stamp room. I really like the pencil and oms look.

As for the good news, my beautiful daughter got engaged last night to a wonderful man. This has been a long time coming so we are extremely happy. They were best friends since their freshman year of college and now they will be together for the rest of their lives. Her father and I could not have asked for a better partner for her. I think we will have great fun preparing for this wedding. Her partners name is Shaun and he was just so cute and proper yesterday. He drove 2 hours to ask my husband for her hand. He brought me beautiful flowers to seal the deal. Then he drove 2 hours back to North Jersey and awaited her arrival home from work so he could ask her. He dressed and left the house like he was going to work so she would not get suspicious. The poor thing was still waiting for her at midnight with flowers and wine. Isn't that sweet? Her ring is exquisite. Thanks for listening to me ramble on!

3 comments:

craftieodmae said...

I am so damn happy for her!!! She deserves the best........she is a fantastic person!!!
After all , you raised her!

Jennie said...

BEautiful card Mary Anne, and so excited for you getting a SIL!!! :o) Enjoy the glow yourself...now you need to go rent Father of the Bride! Love that movie :o)

Payne Holler Cards said...

love this card!but this wonderful news!!!
just knowing your daughter is marrying someone that loves n treasures her is such a blessing! Knowing she will have someone by her side for the rest of her life...I love my two SIL's for this very reason. Congratulations to Dee! and enjoy the engagement MIL...Jennie is right! now go rent Father of the Bride!