Thursday, August 13, 2009

Can you Believe it?


How did it get to be the middle of August already? Before ya know it, we will be stopping for school buses on our way to work! When I was young, (dinosaur age), children never ever went back to school before the 2nd week in September. Some of the signs are visible that the time is fast approaching.

One of the things I really miss being able to do in the fall, is going to a farm for apple picking. A few years back, I developed a deadly allergy to yellow jackets. We all know that where there are apples, cider and sweetness, the bees are sure to be a buzzin! I decided to create this card to curb my desire.
This is the new sketch challenge that Cat has posted over at Stamp TV. My main image is from the new Gina K Designs, "Signs of Autumn" Stamp TV kit. I used apple green, soft sand and ivory Pure Luxury card stock. My DP was not marked nor was my unmounted sentiment. I found a clip art of a small apple and created my own template for piercing. I added ribbon, a Cuttlebugged leave and an apple that was cut from my DP to embellish. Sorry I missed posting yesterday, but I had to finish a few cards for orders that I had been avoiding! Have you ever created a card that you thought was a one of a kind, only to have to make it 3 more times? Of course it wasn't an easy card! It's a rainy miserable day here in PA so it is a great day to stay in my stamp room and play! Have a wonderful day whatever you do!

3 comments:

Cat Tidwell said...

Love this appleliscious card! Wonderful creation Mary Anne!

Jennie said...

What a precious card! You work fast!!!! I am just now recovering from taking the kids to the beach but starting to get the stamping itch :o)

craftieodmae said...

you have done a fab job on this! It's gorgeous!!!@!